Friday, April 3, 2009

Cohiba Piramids EL 2006 Review

I smoked this cigar a couple months ago and never put a review up on any of the forums. I hope you enjoy it because I know I did!!!

Pre light:

The draw is very easy with a leathery but sweet taste. This is a beautiful cigar with a couple veins running throughout the wrapper. I have been waiting to light this thing up and now I finally can.

Flavors: 31/33

1/3:

This cigar lights up really nice and it just spews out massive amounts of smoke. The first flavors that come up are an explosion of cocoa and coffee bean, very rich flavors not just subtle hints. I am also getting a little taste of mint on the finish which is very surprising. Throughout the first third, the flavors stay the same. There is just a little bit of spice through the nose but it is not overpowering.

2/3:

The cocoa flavor is starting to disappear but the coffee bean is blasting through my taste buds. There is no spice until you get about halfway through the second third then it starts to pick up a bit. The coffee is still there but not as much as the first third. Now the main ingredient is a sweet leather spice that gives a little twang on the finish.

3/3:

The last third offers a blast of spice with coffee and earth flavors. I noticed a lot of changes between all of the above flavors with each puff. I ended up putting a paper clip through the end so I could enjoy the final minutes without burning my fingers. The last few puffs offer a light taste of orange peel.

Smoking Characteristics: 31/34

The draw and burn were great and the amount of smoke you get from this cigar is amazing. I noticed that I was left wanting to see what was going to be next throughout this smoke. I would say it is a medium to full bodied cigar with great construction.

Overall impression: 32/34

From beginning to end this cigar offers a wide variety of flavors. From cocoa and coffee bean to an orange peel ending this was by far a great smoke that will definitely get even better with a little bit of age. I can’t even imagine what it would be like in 5 years. I looked forward to each puff so I could see what it would bring next and that is what I like to have in my hand, something that will keep you interested.

Final Score: 94

No comments:

Post a Comment