Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kitty Litter?!...

I would have never thought that you could save a bunch of money by using Kitty Litter instead of Heartfelt beads. 7 lbs. for around $14 vice 1 lb. for $31! All I did was buy the bags from heartfelt industries, fill them up, and spray the bags down so around 70% of the beads were saturated with distilled water. I have no problems keeping the RH at 65%, although the top and bottom of my wine cooler are a little different than the middle portion. I try to keep the temp at 65F but the interior fan makes the top and bottom fluctuate a little. I also purchased 2 oust fans, one is in the bottom and one is near the top. Here's my setup:

14$ for 7 lbs.

I am guessing around 1.5 lbs.? I put the big bag on the bottom and use the smaller ones on each shelf going up.

As you can see, nothing is above 70% RH, this stuff works!

2 comments:

  1. I see that you got the litter with the blue deodorizing xtals, do you think this will adversly affect your cigars? Anyway, havent traded with you in awhile so I havent had a chance to say hey in awhile either. Hope everything is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first got the bag I was picking the blue ones out just in case. Later on I called the company and asked and they confirmed that the blue crystals are unscented. Ends up saving me a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete